Friday, February 3, 2012

4-gate fun :D

http://sc2rep.com/replays/download?id=17773

So this little guy tried to troll me (I'm a counter troll by nature fortunately) while 4 gate-ing.
The main reason I'm uploading this is because (don't know why..) but some of the diamond players I've spoken to (including zerg players :\) didn't believe

a) Zealots are not cost efficient against lings (even in large numbers.. like 30 zealots its incredibly iffy and ff's or walls or upgrades are absolutely necessary to make them cost effective)
b) You can beat a 4-gate all in (I think its an all in if they cut probes?) with just lings, at most 5 spines ( this game I made way more spines then necessary to make sure I crush it)

This was not something I thought I would have to post but even on a map like this where the overlord takes so long to scout (the 4gate was half done) you can just swap to only producing lings and plopping down spines to beat it. Depending on how early you scout it you sometimes only need 1 spine, some times you dont even need the spine because you can crush the initial out going party.

Mostly posted this so that I would not second guess myself about it again.
Watch the replay (he's not good but I didn't play well either :P)

No comments:

Post a Comment